If you are aged 24 or over and want to study an Access to Higher Education Diploma, a Level 3 or 4 Certificate or Diploma, there is help available to fund your course.
Study for the career you want now without having to pay course fees up-front with the 24+ Advanced Learner Loan.
- Business Administration
- Adult Care
- Children and Young People Workforce
- Business Management
Qualify now pay later
- Advanced Learner Loans are available to cover tuition fees for learners aged 24+ who are enrolling on courses at Level 3 and above
- No credit check
- No repayments until you earn over £27,000 per year
- Easy to apply for
- Low rate of interest
A 24+ Advanced Learning Loan can help you to:
- Boost your career prospects.
- Refresh your industry skills.
- Progress to Higher Education.
- Help you to get any qualification.
To qualify for the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan you’ll need to be:
- Aged 24 and over at the start of your course
- A resident in the UK for three years prior to the start of the course
- Enrolling on a publicly funded course at Level 3 or 4, such as: A-Levels, Access to HE Diplomas, other Diplomas and Certificates.
How is the loan paid?
- Student Finance England (SFE) pay your course fees directly to the College
- You will only start to repay the loan once you have completed your course and are earning over £27,000 per year
- Any loan remaining after 25 years will be written off
- You will pay 9% of any income earned over £27,000
What are the repayment rates?
The repayment rates depend upon salary after completion of the course: you pay 9 per cent of any income over £27,000 a year – see the table below for examples:
|Your annual income (before tax)||Your monthly income (before tax)||Monthly repayments|
Access to Higher Education (HE) course
Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe for an Access to HE course once you complete a higher education course. This means you do not have to repay it.