Modules of the Business Administration
Training for the Business and Administration NVQ/QCF Certificate is based around seven key areas, and we’ll help you put together the right modules from each area to fit the job you do and the way you want to develop your career:
- Administration skills – how to use a diary system, understand procedures for welcoming visitors and improve your planning and organisation.
- Information and data handling – collecting, analysing, storing and presenting both effectively.
- Communication – how to work with other people in a business environment.
- Managing performance – evaluate and improve your own performance using feedback and a learning plan.
- Customer service – understand your customers’ needs and wants and know how to respond appropriately to their questions and comments.
- Introduction to administration – learn the basics of working in a business environment including using Microsoft Office software packages to present information.
- Leadership and management – discover how to provide support and direction to colleagues, build a team and plan and manage change.
As the Business and Administration NVQ/QCF Certificate is a work-based qualification, you’ll either need to be employed and sponsored by your employer or be doing voluntary work or a work placement.
Only selected centres offer this qualification and work experience, so you’ll need to see whether it’s available in your local area and contact your local centre to find out more.
If they do offer it, you’ll then be enrolled and supported by your tutor, either at your local centre or workplace depending on your circumstances.
You’ll be assessed on the tasks you do at work and create a portfolio of evidence to show what you’ve achieved. Your qualification will be awarded once that portfolio has been signed off by your tutor.
Start date: Any Monday
Course time: Times may change subject to demand
Level 2: Recruitment on going.
Level 3: Friday 4 pm to 6 pm.
Level 4: Recruitment on going.
Class size: Max 15 (average class size 10)
Minimum age: 19
1-Business Administration level 2: 3 months
2-Business Administration level 3: 5 months
3-Business Administration level 4: 12 months
1-Business Administration level 2: £500
2-Business Administration level 3: £850 or 24+ Advanced Learning Loan.
3-Business Administration level 4: £1500 or 24+ Advanced Learning Loan.