Employability Skills courses.
Are you looking for your first job or would you like a new job?
Maybe you have been out of work for a while and you are now ready to get back to work and earn some money? Or maybe you would like to change your job but your job finding knowledge are a bit rusty?
With this training you would be able to learn how to:
- Be able to find the job you always wanted.
- Remove all fear and be able to manage the interviews
- You will be able to write cover letter and CV that will help you to get noticed.
These qualification is aimed at anyone who wants to live their employment prospects; get into a job, develop on the job or move onto the next job.
We are improving learning and support for students who are embarking on their first experience of work.
How to find a job
This course will tell you everything you need to know about how to:
- Get information on jobs
- Apply for jobs
- Uncover Opportunities
- Match jobs to your interests, skills and experience
How to write a CV
By the end of this course you will have produced your own CV and you will understand:
- How and when to use a CV
- How to match your CV to the job description
- How to identify the relevant information you need to include
How to write a letter
In this course you will put your learning into practice by writing a covering letter to go with your CV. By the end you will understand:
- When to use a covering letter
- How to put together a winning letter
- How to write and submit speculative applications
Which Interview Techniques are the best.
Learn how to face the interview with this course. You will learn:
- How to match answers to common interview questions
- How to answer open questions
- How to talk about your skills and experience
The Practice Makes Perfect section will give you the chance to put what you have learnt into practice.
Course time: 10 am to 2 pm (one Thursday each month).
Recruitment on going.
Class size: Max 15 (average class size 10)
Minimum age: 18