This qualification is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to care for others in a broad range of health or social care settings.
A Diploma in Adult Care is flexible to suit all fields of Adult care. Learners can select a pathway that suits their role – for example, working with people with a learning disability or people with dementia.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone aged 19+ who wants to work or is already working in Adult Care. This can either be in a paid role or a voluntary capacity.
- There is an initial assessment test required to check if you have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Interview on assessment.
What will I study?
The mandatory units include: promoting communication, personal development, equality and inclusion, duty of care, the role of the Adult worker, safeguarding and protection, promoting and implementing person-centred approaches, health and safety and handling information.
There are then additional optional units that build the qualification to 58 credits. The optional units you choose are specific to your job role.
How will I be assessed?
- Workplace assessments and observations of performance.
- This course is a mixture of competence and knowledge units which will all be delivered in the workplace.
What can I do after the course?
- You can study an Adult Care level 4.
- Apply for a university degree.
- Working in the health care industry.
What are some examples of suitable work placement settings for students?
Placement is a crucial element of the learner’s journey. Listed below are some examples of appropriate settings which could support learners:
- Adult Residential Care Home
- Nursing Home
- Day Centre
- Children’s Centre
- Health Centre
- Domiciliary/Community care
- Special Schools
Start date: September, January and April
Monday to Friday: Sunday 5 pm to 7 pm (online).
|Course length:||6 months|
|Class size:||Max 10 (average class size 4-7)|
Level 3: £1200 or 24+ Advanced Learner Loan.
More information at the reception of the college.