- The minimum age of enrolment is 18.
- A student’s registration and enrolment for courses will serve as a binding agreement to follow the course to completion and pay the full fees. Enrolments are deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions and agreement to abide by them.
- All new students are required to take an initial assessment level test on their first day at the School. Students cannot choose the level at which they want to study as this will be determined by the test. Students will sometimes miss one or more of their lessons and these missed lessons are non-refundable.
- Payment of all course fees or a non-refundable deposit must be received before a Certificate of Enrolment can be issued. All fees due to the school must be paid in full, prior to the commencement of the course.
- A bank transfer may take up to one week to reach the School’s account and Certificates of Enrolment can only be issued after the funds or deposit have cleared into the School’s account.
- Payments by credit card carry a 3% surcharge.
Special offers cannot be booked online.
- No refund can be made to students once the course has commenced and no transfer of courses in a whole or part can be made. Fees are non-refundable in the case of late registration or the abandonment of a course. Tropics Global College does not permit the transfer of credit from one student to another.
- Any notice of cancellation must be made before the course starts. Cancellations will result in a loss of administration fees. The remaining balance will be refunded. Cancellations must be made during school working hours. The school is unable to accept cancellations made between 6pm and 10am UK time, on Saturdays and Sundays, on public holidays and during the school Christmas closure.
- Refunds may take up to 90 days to process once notice of cancellation has been given.
- No refunds will be given to any students who shorten their courses or reduce their number of lessons after their course has started. Students cannot shorten their courses and take additional lessons in replacement nor can they replace their classes with one to one lessons once they have enrolled on a course. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure their return date allows time to complete their course, especially where holidays taken have extended their end date.
- If a student is dismissed for poor attendance or misconduct, no refund will be given.
- All students are required to present their passports or ID cards on their first day and the school will retain a copy.
- Eligible student for government funding must provide their Settlement Status and their National Insurance Number.
- Students are encouraged to arrive for lessons on time. Late entry to the class is at the discretion of the teacher who may refuse entry to any student who is more than ten minutes late or is habitually late.
- Course fees do not include course books, materials, travel expenses, social events and health insurance.
- A student agrees on submitting the enrolment form that Tropics Global College keeps their personal records on its computerised systems. (These will not be shared with any third party). Should any circumstances change it is the student’s responsibility to keep Tropics Global College informed of all changes, in particular, of any changes of home address in the UK, as well as in their home country, changes to emergency telephone numbers and contact names and change of email address.
- Only students studying fourteen weeks or more can apply for a Student Oyster travel card which gives 30% discount on weekly and monthly travel cards. Applications can take up to two weeks to be processed and only students who are 18 years old and over can apply.
- Students at the School all study together and it is required that students consider one another and all teachers and staff. Any student whose behaviour causes inconvenience, offence or distress to other students or Tropics Global College staff will be excluded from lessons. Persistent offenders will be expelled from Tropics Global College and their course cancelled. No refund of course fees will be made.
- Students are expected to attend most of their course. If they regularly have one day absence due to sickness, they will be asked to see the school’s Principal and may also be expected to visit their doctor. If they are ill for three days or more, they must bring a doctor’s note. If they have a hospital appointment, they must bring the appointment letter. If a student is not able to attend their courses due to illness, the fees would not be refunded and the student would have the possibility to choose between moving to online class or to postpone their classes to another month.
Tropics Global College rules
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
- Food is not allowed to be eaten in the classroom.
- Mobile phones must be switched off during lessons.
- Only English is allowed to be spoken in the classroom.
- The use of dictionaries is permitted.
- Tolerance of other beliefs and cultures is expected at all times and any form of prejudice or bullying will result in immediate dismissal.
Tropics Global College has different partnership with different agencies in London. We will be glad to provide those agencies to you, however no booking is made from Tropics Global College and we are not responsible for any transaction.
Airport or Eurostar pick-up.
Students might need assistance to be pick up from an Airport or Eurostar. We will be glad to support you. Students must provide accurate arrival information: date, airport, airline, terminal number, flight number and arrival time. It is the student’s responsibility to inform the School of accurate and timely arrival details. If incorrect details are supplied, Tropics Global College will not refund the transfer fees.
L1. Students are advised that the School, its employees and its representatives accept no liability for personal injury and / or loss of /damage to personal property on the Schools premises, whether by fire, burglary, theft or otherwise. This condition also applies to public and private places when students are on School trips or excursions.
L2. The School is not responsible for the safe keeping or delivery of any fax, post, etc .sent to the students at the Schools addresses.
L3. Students accept to be photographed, the photographs of which may be used in the School’s promotional / publicity material. The School reserves the right to all photographs and the use of these photographs in promotional material where permission has been granted for their use. The copyright to all photographs shall belong to the School.
L4. It is the policy of the School not to divulge any personal details of students to a third party, other than to the appropriate authorities, without the student’s prior consent.
L5. In all cases the decision of the Managing Director of Tropics Global College will be final and binding.
These Terms are governed by the law of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
At Tropics Global College, we prioritize creating a safe and conducive learning environment for all our students. To ensure the smooth functioning of our institution and uphold our values, it is necessary for students to comply with the rules and regulations set forth in these terms and conditions. These guidelines are designed to maintain a respectful and inclusive atmosphere, as well as to protect the rights and well-being of all individuals within the college community.
We understand that each student brings unique perspectives and preferences, but it is important to adhere to the established guidelines to promote a harmonious and productive educational experience for all. Failure to comply with specific rules, such as smoking within college premises or unauthorized photography, may result in disciplinary action, including withdrawal from courses or restriction from registering with us.
We encourage all students to carefully review these terms and conditions, seeking clarification if needed, and acknowledge their acceptance before enrolling at Tropics Global College. By doing so, you demonstrate your commitment to upholding the standards and values of our institution, fostering an environment of mutual respect and academic excellence.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your participation in the vibrant community of learners at Tropics Global College.
Tropics Global College
6 Greenwich Quay
London, SE8 3EY.
020 8691 0766