The Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF) is intended for those who maintain the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre. It has been designed:
- For individuals who are currently practising as internal quality assurers or a professional development qualification for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel
- For individuals who are carrying out quality assurance in most learning environments including FE, Adult Continuing Learning, Employers and Third Sector
- For individuals who are carrying out quality assurance in all occupational sectors
- For individuals working in accredited learning OR non accredited learning (where people may assess performance but do not assess for a qualification); the NQF and the RQF
- For individuals who have already achieved some Education & Training or Learning & Development units that can be carried forward into this qualification
- For individuals who have completed some introduction to training qualifications
The Internal Quality Assurance course involves initial training over 2 days during which the IQA qualification needed to become a qualified Internal Verifier will be explained in detail. You will explore how the evidence for your IQA – Internal Quality Assurance qualification will be collected and presented. Following the training, you will work independently to gather the evidence required with tutor support and follow up assessment.
- The context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Planning the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- How to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Ensuring validity, reliability, authenticity, sufficiency and accuracy of the assessment
- How to internally maintain, improve and evaluate the quality of assessment
- The legal and good practice requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment
- In order to begin working towards becoming an internal verifier, you should be an experienced and qualified assessor for your relevant vocational area.
- Literacy and Numeracy at a Level 2.
- Interview and assessment.
How will I be assessed?
The course will be assessed through a combination of written work, one practical observation, and submission of a portfolio of evidence.
Progression and business opportunities
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills required to progress to employment as an internal verifier. With experience, you will be able to further your career in internal verification by undertaking a qualification to enable you to carry out the role of lead internal verifier: Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
Start date: September, January and April
Monday to Friday: Friday 4 to 6 pm or 7 to 9 pm.
|Course length:||3 months|
|Class size:||Max 8 (average class size 4-6)|
Level 4: £650
More information at the reception of the college.