Are you looking for your first job or would you like a new job? Maybe you have been out of work for a while and you are now ready to get back to work and earn some money. Maybe you would like to change your job but your job-finding knowledge is a bit rusty. Employability Skills Course is the skills that you need to have.
With the Employability Skills Course, you would be able to learn how to:
- Be able to find the job you always wanted.
- Remove all fear and be able to manage the interviews
- You will be able to write a cover letter and CV that will help you to get noticed.
Employability Skills Course is aimed at anyone who wants to live their employment prospects; get into a job, develop on the job, or move on to the next job.
We are improving learning and support for students who are embarking on their first experience of work.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who are looking for a job. The course is face-to-face at the college.
How to find a job
This course will tell you everything you need to know about how to:
- Get information on jobs
- Apply for jobs through agencies such as Indeed or Reed.
- Uncover Opportunities
- Match jobs to your interests, skills and experience
How to write a CV
By the end of this course, you will have produced your own CV and you will understand:
- How and when to use a CV
- How to match your CV to the job description and
- Why and how to identify the relevant information you need to include
How to write a letter
In this course, you will put your learning into practice by writing a cover letter to go with your CV. By the end you will understand:
- How to write and submit speculative applications
- When to use a cover letter
- How to put together a winning letter
Which Interview Techniques are the best?
Learn how to face the interview with this course. You will learn:
- How to match answers to common interview questions and to answer open questions.
- How to talk about your skills and experience.
The Practice Makes Perfect section will give you the chance to put what you have learned into practice.
Course dates and times:
Course length: 1 day / 3 pm to 6 pm.
Class size: Max 10 (average class size 5-8)
Minimum age: 18
More information at the reception of the college.